Operator Algebras and their Applications
April 1, 2011 - March 31, 2012
The program is now over.
(University of Tokyo)
(RIMS, Kyoto University)
(RIMS, Kyoto University)
List of oversea
We also have the following domestic meetings. Many Japanese
operator algebraists will be away to these.
Please note that the RIMS will be closed from December 29, 2011
to January 3, 2012 for the New Year's holidays. (Christmas
is not a holiday in Japan.) The other national holidays are
September 19, September 23, October 10, November 3, November 23,
December 23 and January 9.
- The semiannaul meeting of the Mathematical Society of Japan,
September 28 (Wed) - October 1 (Sat), 2011, at
- The annual meeting on Operator Theory and Operator Algebras,
November 3 (Thu) - 6 (Sun), 2011,
at University of
- Kansei Operator Algebra Seminar,
December 17 (Sat) - 18 (Sun), 2011,
The following four meetins at RIMS and one at YITP
are not parts of our program, but some of you may be interested.
of RG Methods in Mathematical Sciences, September 12-14, 2011 (Organized
by K. Ito)
- Research on preserver problems related to
Banach algebras and its applications,
October 31-November 12, 2011 (Organized by O. Hatori)
- Structural study of operators via spectra or numerical ranges,
November 14-16, 2011
(Organized by M. Uchiyama)
- Mathematical Studies on Independence and Dependence Structure --
Algebra meets Probability, December 19-21, 2011 (Organized by N. Muraki)
in Physics through Information - It's Control and Emergence -,
January 5-7, 2011 (Organized by I. Ojima et al.),
(just next to RIMS)
October 1 - December 31, 2011
N. Christopher Phillips
August 1, 2011 - January 31, 2012
Operator Algebra Seminars.
This project is supported by the following research grants.
- Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University
- Global COE Program (Kyoto University)
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) (Y. Kawahigashi)
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) (M. Izumi)
- Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (N. Ozawa)
- Mitsubishi Foundation Research Grants (Y. Kawahigashi)
- Inoue Research Award (Y. Ogata)
- Sumitomo Foundation Research Grants (N. Ozawa)
Here is travel information to come
to Kyoto. Here is hotel information.
Here is official general travel
information supplied by Kyoto City.
We have no official registration procedures. The program and
meetings are open to everyone, except for the closed
seminar "Operator Algebras and
Mathematical Physics" in October.
We have a limited amount of financial supports for local expenses
for participants of the conferences and the winter school. Please
see the webpage of each meeting listed above.
If you would like to have financial supports for another period
or a longer stay, please write to Yasuyuki Kawahigashi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any inquiry, please send one to Yasuyuki Kawahigashi (email@example.com).
(If you need an official invitation letter for administrations at
your institution or a visa application, please also write to us.)
The Western part of Japan, including Kyoto, is not affected
by the earthquake, the tsunami or the nuclear accident.
The Japanese page.
The home page of Kawahigashi.